It’s Valentine’s Day, the day for sweethearts and romance, but the real reason I’m in the mood for love is because it’s the best, fastest way to create a truly abundant life.
I have found over and over with both myself and my clients the biggest impediment to reaching the next level of success is always linked to some aspect of not fully loving yourself.
It may sound mushy, but there’s just no way you can show up as a magnetic, dynamic force if you are not embracing yourself. You know why? Because human beings are feeling creatures.
Our emotions dictate our thoughts and our thoughts dictate our actions, so if we are being critical of ourselves or not honoring who we are, it shows. And where it shows the most is in our results.
On the other hand, when you are in alignment with your authenticity, you feel comfortable expressing yourself and enjoy being in your own skin, that shows too. You begin to make major strides toward your big goals.
You also experience more confidence, a greater sense of personal power and much more joy. And here’s the kicker, more people want to be a round you. It’s a no-brainer. When you love yourself, you’re more attractive on every level.
We all have our ups and downs, but it’s crucial to protect our self-worth. If we do not value ourselves, neither will anyone else.
Here are some tips to keep the fire burning in your relationship with the most important person in your life, YOU!
1. Treat your body like a holy temple. This means exercise it, listen to its needs, feed it with nourishing foods and give it rest.
2. Adorn yourself. We plant flowers in our yards and decorate our homes because we take pride in them and it makes us feel good. When you bedeck yourself with nice clothing, jewelry, make-up or other accessories you are telling yourself and the world that you are someone to be cherished.
3. Honor your callings. Our authentic selves long to be heard, first and foremost by us. When you have a moment of inspiration or a spark of an idea that excites you, welcome it in even if you don’t understand how it will fit into the big picture. It doesn’t mean you will to do a 180 degree turn. This pursuit is about integration not sacrifice.
4. Show yourself compassion. When you falter, remember you are growing, always. Just like children who are mistreated, if you are constantly chiding yourself for not being better or further along on your path, you are shutting yourself down. Self-kindness speeds expansion.
5. Find a loving partner. Human-beings thrive on connection. We need other people to help us understand our stories, to pick us up when we are down and to help us celebrate our victories. Surround yourself with enlightened, supportive people who wan to to see you happy and successful. (By the way, I want that for you and I’m always here if you need a boost:)
When you do these things, you will be amazed at how your life will flourish.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Your feedback is music to my ears!
What is one thing you can do to show yourself more love?
If you would like to use this article on your website or ezine, feel free! Just be sure to include the following:Heather Poduska is a brand strategist, business coach and opera singer who helps entrepreneurs and small business owners create client attractive brands, polished brand images and brand communication strategies to increase their visibility and impact in the marketplace and grow their businesses.